Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Default SumIF full columns, multiple conditions

Typo

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A65535=1),--(B1:B65535="A"))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=SUMPRODUCT(--A1:A65535=1),--(B1:B65535="A"))

Note that array function don't work with complete columns, you have to
specify a range.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Gupta A." wrote in message
In column A:A, B:B, i have data. I want a formula to count the number

of
times the two pieces of data appaer in the same row. For example if A:A
contains
1
2
3 and B:B contains
I would like it to count the number of times B appears next to the

number
1.
I need this done for an entire column, and looking through past helps
questions I get the idea that pivot tables would be useful here, however

dont want to use them. Is there any other solution? (In essence its a

SUM
if
formula with two conditions)