Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mr_teacher

Default Excel Vlookup Problems Help!

Ok, sure there is an easier way than this - but this is what I would
try.

Firstly I would insert a new row at the start, so column A becomes
blank. Then in cell A2 I would put the formula

=CONCATENATE(B2,C2,D2)

I am guessing that you want to be able to select a variety of brands,
products etc.

In Cell F1 I would put the header Brand
In Cell G1 I would put the header Product Name
In Cell H1 I would put the header MotorCycle Name
In Cell I1 I would put the header Quantity

This will allow you to type your choice into each area in row 2

I would consider creating some drop down lists for your entries though
to avoid any typing errors which would mess the whole thing up.

Then in cell J2 you could put the formula

=VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE(F2,G2,H2),A:E,5,FALSE)*I2

As I say i am sure this is not the easiest way to do this - and
hopefully someone here will show an easier way that I could use myself
too - but as I am often told on here it is best to keep on learning!!
:)

Hope his is some help - or at least gives you some ideas!!

Regards

Carl

Hero_honda Wrote:
Hello to you guys. I want to know if u guys can help me solve it.. this
isnt going to be easy guys.. but if u guys know a formula.. please help
me

A B C D
Brand Product Name MotorCycle Name Price
FMS Head Lamp Supra $15
FMS Head Lamp Tornado $25
FMS Exhaust Pipe Supra $80
FMS Exhaust Pipe Tornado $120
KGW Head Lamp Supra $40
KGW Head Lamp Tornado $50
KGW Exhaust Pipe Supra $150
KGW Exhaust Pipe Tornado $180

Here are some of my examples from my Price list. Im trying to use a
simple invoice with vlookup to bill my customer... lets say my customer
order

Quantity Brand Product Name MotorCycle Name Price
10 KGW Head Lamp Supra ?

The price if we look at it manually its $40 But how to use a formula
which it auto calculate the price for me? its not easy... i think we
need to use vlookup and if formula? Please help me!!

--
mr_teacher
mr_teacher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34352