Ron Rosenfeld

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:50:57 GMT, Wildman wrote:

I'm not sure how to use the visual basic
code. Could someone "splane" to me
what to do with it?

Thanks again

Wildman

Open Excel.

<alt<F11 opens the VB Editor.

Ensure your project is highlighted in the Project Explorer window.

Then (form the VBE main menu), Insert/Module. Paste the code into the window
that opens.

If you are using my routine, you have just installed a UDF (user defined
function).

You can use this function like any other in your worksheet. For example, with
your number in A1, in some cell type

=BaseConvert(A1, 10, 32) and the number in A1 will be shown to Base 32 in this
cell.

You may also use cell references in place of the 10 and the 32 for more
flexibility. If you have a fractional portion of a number to be converted,
then you can use the optional DecPlace argument to indicate the number of
places.

--ron