Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
trempnvt

Default Vlookup with variable worksheet reference

Hello,

I'm trying to run a vlookup where the worksheet (within the file)
referenced would depend on the value of a certain cell.

For example, if B5 could be a number different fruits, and there were
different worksheets named after the fruit options, I could have one
cell where I would look up something on worksheet 'Apple' if B5="Apple"
or on worksheet 'Grape' if B5="Grape".

When B5="Apple",
=VLOOKUP(A2,'Apple'!A1:C37,3,FALSE) will give me the correct value, but
both
=VLOOKUP(A2,B5!A1:C37,3,FALSE)
and
=VLOOKUP(A2,'B5'!A1:C37,3,FALSE)
will open a browse window and ask me to update the values for B5.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
trempnvt
trempnvt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34710