Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Default Selecting AND Deleting

Because I can't see what you have in column V, I can't determine why the code
stops. In this form:

Sub dsfe()
Dim r As Range
Dim lastrow As Long
lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "V").End(xlUp).Row
MsgBox (lastrow)
Set r = Range(Cells(1, "V"), Cells(lastrow - 10, "V"))
r.EntireRow.Delete
End Sub

the code will not delete the last 10 lines, but lastrow must be 11 or greater.
--
Gary's Student

"bodhisatvaofboogie" wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Let's MSGBOX(lastrow) right before the Set statement.

Make sure its not 0 for any reason.
--
Gary''s Student

"bodhisatvaofboogie" wrote:

It is stopping me at this line:

Set r = Range(Cells(1, "V"), Cells(lastrow - 1, "v"))

I've been trying variations of that line myself, and had no luck. What am I
missin?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

If you want to leave only the last row:

Sub dsfe()
Dim r As Range
Dim lastrow As Long
lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "V").End(xlUp).Row
Set r = Range(Cells(1, "V"), Cells(lastrow - 1, "v"))
r.EntireRow.Delete

Gary''s Student

"bodhisatvaofboogie" wrote:

I am working on More macros and I am trying to figure out how to Select Every
row except for the last 10. SO:

Select rows 1 through Last Row - 9.
Delete selected rows

LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "V").End(xlUp).Row
Cells(LastRow + 2, "V") = Application.Sum _
(Range(Cells(1, "V"), Cells(LastRow, "V")))

That is what I am using in another macro for selecting the last row +2 in
Column V, then summing the entire column within it. NOW, I figured I could
take that and pull a last row -9 from it and having it delete the entire row,
but I'm having some poor luck. I've managed to get it to delete everything
within the Column, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it get rid of
the rows.

Any ideas?