Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jamie

Default can a function do this?

here are the examples...

if you take the current date, if (may 2006 is equal to current date, add up
list,false) and if (april 2006 is equal to current date, true, keep amount
from when it was april 2006)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I mean give an example where it does equal current month and year with
required results, and then one where it doesn't.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"jamie" wrote in message
i am aware each function has a true and false. what do you mean?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I don't think I fully understand what you are trying to do. Keep an

example
of TRUE and an example of FALSE.
--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"jamie" wrote in message
thanks. but isnt that classed as circular?

eg. cell a1 has the function, the true total is saved to b1, then a1

= b2
if the a1 statement is false...

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

No, you would need multiple cells for that as a cell cannot have a

value
and
a formula, one or the other, not both.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"jamie" wrote in message
Hi

In this function, i would like the cell to look at the current

year
and
month. if this is the current month and year, eg may2006, if

true,
add up
list of names, if false eg mar 2006, keep the total that was

counted
when
true.

so the funtion needs to save the number counted when true and then
keep it
for when the junction is false.

i have tried to do this without success. can anyone help?

thanks