Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove

Default Alternatives to GET.CELL and VB?

Ron Rosenfeld wrote...
Sorry, I did not see you wanted to do that just with built-in functions. But I
believe Longre's XLM.GET.CELL function has some advantages over the "built-in"
GET.CELL function.

So what would these advantages be?

Don't get me wrong. I view the entire MOREFUNC.XLL add-in as essential,
but I don't need to share most of my workbooks with other users, so I
don't have the headache of making sure other potential users have it
installed on their PCs. As for embedding MOREFUNC.XLL, wouldn't that
change XLL calls to udf calls? If so, wouldn't that SLOW DOWN
recalculation?