I've tried changing the formatting and it doesn't appear to be that...

I have somehow managed to get one row adding up, but when I replicate the
formula, it copies down the total from the first row, even though the result
should be different for the different rows...

I am very close to jumping off a tall building!!!!

Thanks in anticipation of more of your words of wisdom.

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi D,

Perhaps the iignored values are formatted as text or have an apostophe as a
prefix character?

---
Regards,
Norman

"D" wrote in message
I have inherited a complex spreadsheet and have encountered the following
problem:

I am trying to add up a row and although the formula is correct, the
values
are ignored. This happens if I use Autosum or =A1+B1.

Any ideas?