Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default help with text in column

I have a column of text, a description of my products) some have
characters up to say 500. My problem is I am uploading this spreadsheet
in to a program that limits the description column to 250 characters in
1 colum.I can use up to 4 column. Is there any formula that would allow
me to take the column with 500 characters and divide it in to 2 and
place the text in 2 columns? Since I have over 30,000 products it would
be very time sensitive doing them one at a time.