Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jam

Default min and if again

Hi Biff
Thanks for your help, I think that there is not only junk things, but
that eats the brackets
I've counted the opened and closed brackets that doea not match, tried
to see where, could not, any hel?
Thanks
Jam
Biff wrote:
Ok, my suspicions are confirmed.

I just viewed this thread in Google Groups and sure enough, those dashes
show up there.

I did not type in those dashes. They are not part of the formula. They're
Google "junk"!

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
Ok, I think I know what the problem is.........Google Groups!

It looks like you're posting through Google Groups.

Ever since they changed to this new version there have been problems
reported that when messages are posted some "junk" gets inserted into the
message. "Junk" refers to characters that were not typed by the poster.

See this screencap:

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8...problem6qw.jpg

These 2 formulas were copied from both of your posts in this thread and
then pasted into a worksheet. Notice the highlighted sections. After $A2
you see those dashes (-), well, those aren't supposed to be there and that
is some of the "junk" that I was referring to. I use OE to view this group
and I don't see those dashes in any of the posts but they are there as
evidenced by them appearing when the formulas are pasted into a worksheet.

So, remove all the "junk", re-enter the fomula as an array and it should
work.

Biff

"jam" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
Well I swear that I entered the formulae, and in edit mode, I hold down
the ctrt. shift, and enter keys, it hilights the columns and rows, but
it does not put the brackets{}, and then I get an error message
The formula is
=IF(COLUMNS($A:A)<=COUNTIF($A2:$F2,MIN($A2:$F2)),I NDEX($A1:$F1,SMALL(IF($A2**:$F2=MIN($A2:$F2),COLUM N($A1:$F1)-COLUMN($A:$A)+1),COLUMNS($A:A))),""),
the same you posted me, still give error, I have the impression that
the array formulae entering is not working, any help? I am using excel
2003
Jam