Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default running maximum (newbie question)

Don Guillett wrote:
Please clarify your question.
J is NOT a row.
What range do you want.
Look at the MAX function and the MIN function in HELP

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

wrote in message
ups.com...
Will someone please help with the following question:

I have a column of say 200 values.

In row J I want the highest value that has occurred in rows 1, 2,3...
up to J.

I assume the answer for the minimum value would be similar.

Thanks.

I got the help I needed. To be more precise I have items
A(1),A(2),...A(200)

I want to set up column B in which

B(J) = MAX((A(1),A(2),...A(J)) for J=1,2,....200.

Since I have the basic answer, I think with some experimentation I can
figure out how to restrict the range to fewer entries (J,J-1,...J-k+1))
instead of going all the way back to cell 1.