Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish

Default Conditional Formatting - Thick Border?

The message about using the Draw Borders toolbar was from Fancy1, not
from me. And it doesn't help with conditional formatting of borders.

fedude wrote:
Deb,

Sounds like you found something however, your description lost me. The draw
borders icon on the formatting toolbar only allows you to select a border
position. I don't see what you are refering to when you say "Draw Borders"

In the normal cell formatting menu when I select the borders tab, I can
select a line thicknes. If I select a thick line, when I leave this dialog,
I can now use the borders icon on the formatting toolbar to put a thick
border around a ceell by just using the toolbar selection. And this works
well,however, if I select a cell that has conditional formatting on it, it
always defaults to a thin line border.

Is this what you were refering to?

"Fancy1" wrote:

fedude wrote:

Well that stinks! Thanks for the info Deb.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

No, you can only use the borders that are shown in the conditional
formatting dialog box. Conditional formatting options don't include
anything that might change the row height.

fedude wrote:

When I go to use conditional formatting I find I can only use a subset of the
normal border line thicknesses. Is there any way to select a thicker border
when using conditional formatting?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

I discovered that if you click on the Borders icon on the Formatting
toolbar, click on Draw Borders . . . you can change the borders as thick
as you want. Yes, you will have to go over the cells by hand, but the
borders are definitely thicker!!