Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Ardus Petus

Default Automate Hyperlinks to files

Say App No is in column A, starting row 1
Insert a column and enter:
=HYPERLINK("file://E:/documents/"&A2&".pdf",A2)
where you replace E:/documents by your network drive folder

HTH
--
AP

"Parisa" a écrit dans le message de news:
I have a spreadsheet that contains a list of numerical values (i.e.) along
with other data.
App NO Type Title etc.
5963369 Cats The cat's life
8963369 Dogs The doghouse
4569933 Birds Flying
Each cell contains a value.

I need to hyperlink each numerical value to a pdf file with the matching
numerical value.

There are 350 files. Is there anyway to have excel automatically locate
and
hyperlink the file to the appropriate cell value.

I have the files are in a folder called documents which located our
network
drive.
And the excel spreadsheet is outside the folder.

Help. Any suggestions

Thanks