Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alex

Default Nested IF in this situation

Cossminn

As far as I am aware the ',' is standard practice. I have never used a ';'
and infact it isn't valid on my computer (i just tried a simple IF statement
using ';' and it is invalid).

Convention suggests a ',' but whatever works for you.

Finally, may I make a polite request. Once a question has been solved it is
usual that the user will click 'was this post useful' button to place a
'tick' next to the original quesry to denote that the problem is now solved.

Regards

Alex

"Cossminnn" wrote:

Alex Wrote:

Does this fit your needs?

Yes, that's it. Thanks a lot.

One more question though. I've seen on this forum and on other sites
that the formulas are written with commas (,), while all the versions
of Office I've worked with need semicolons (;). Is my version
different, or that's just the way people prefer to write it?

--
Cossminnn
Cossminnn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34309