Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ShaneDevenshire

Default How do I add a goal line to a stacked bar chart in excel?

You say a goal bar but then it sounds like you want a collection of goal bars?

For one goal bar - add another series to your chart with the value of the
goal at all points: .85,.85,.85,.85 ....

After plotting it select the new series on the chart and choose Chart, Chart
Type and pick Line.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"rheinzy" wrote:

I have a stacked bar chart of categories that total 100% sorted in 'ease of
resolution' order. I want to include a "goal" line that would show a varying
goal throughout the year. (85% - Jan, 86% Feb, etc.) The result would
identify how close to goal could be achieved by resolving the issues in order.