Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Bill Manville

Default linking multiple workbooks

If the information from each workbook needs similar formulas in a
regular arrangement (e.g. all links from one workbook in one column), I
would set up the links from that workbook (e.g. type = in the cell /
Window to the source workbook / select the source cell / hit enter ; or
Edit / Copy from source workbook and Edit / Paste Special / Paste Link
in the summary workbook).

Then I would copy the formulas I had created and paste them where the
formulas to access the next workbook are to go, and I would use Edit /
Replace on those cells to change the workbook name.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England