Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
J.Smith

Default Function: cell contents formula or value?

Another option that you may be interested in is colouring cell contents
based on what sort of info they contain eg formula, constant, inputs
etc. If so, check out Aaron's colour code macro:
http://www.xl-logic.com/xl_files/vba/color_code.zip
which is listed on his page:
http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/vba.html

hth
Rob Brockett
NZ

Thanks, Rob! This is exactly the purpose I need it for. I want to use a
formula which detects if a formula is used in a current cell, in order to
apply conditional formatting, so those cells with formula would show up
differently (and the user would have a choice to either overwrite them with
values, or leave them with calculated defaults).

Thank you for your reply!