Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Need help making line graph with 2 lines

Default Line Graph with 2 lines

this does not help, i simply want a graph with 2 lines

Line 1:
X-axis values

50
25
12.5
6.25
3.125
1.5625
0.78125

Y-axis values

50
25
12.5
6.25
3.125
1.5625
0.78125

Line 2:

X-axis values:

55
32
17
9
6
3
1

Y-axis values:

45
23
15
8
3
3
2

I put these numbers into 4 different collumns, then create line graph, and
it gives me 4 different series. So, I delete series 3 and 4 so that I will
have 2 series. I then click on each series, and where is says Values:, i
select the the column for each series that i want to be the Y-axis. This
works fine. However, I dont know how to select the x-axis values for each
series. I tried selecting them under: Category (x) axis labels, but it made
the x-axis values for both series the same.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

"Need help making line graph with 2 lines" <Need help making line graph with
2 wrote in message
I am trying to make a line graph with 2 lines, each with its own separate
x-axis and y-axis values. I've tried but cannot seem to do this. Any help
would be great.

50 50 55 45
25 25 32 23
12.5 12.5 17 15
6.25 6.25 9 8
3.125 3.125 6 3
1.5625 1.5625 3 3
0.78125 0.78125 1 2

These are the two lines I'm trying to graph, with the x-axis being on the
left and the y-axis on the right.

Do you actually want a line graph, or is it an XY (scatter) graph you want?
I would have thought it was the latter if you've got X and Y values for each
point. I assume that the first and third columns are the X and Y for the
first series, and the 2nd & 4th columns are X & Y for the second series?

The easy option is to select the four columns & Insert Chart, then adjust
the Source Data to suit. You'll want one series with column A for X data
and C for Y, and the second series would have column B for X data and D for
Y.

If you really do want a line graph, then the same process will do, but you
won't have A axis data values, merely labels.
--
David Biddulph