Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Abode

Default Formatting

Is that the exact formula and are wk1a1 and wk2a1 labels or named ranges. If
not you may be pointing to no or a wrong location. Maybe try putting =wk1a1
and =wk2a1 in two empty cells to check what value they are getting. Also you
can always use Tools Formula Auditing Evaluate Formula to see exactly
what the computer is seeing and doing. Hopefully that helps out.

"nick" wrote:

im comparing dates from two workbooks. In workbook 1, i converted YYYYMMDD
format to MM/DD/YYYY to compare it with a date in workbook 2. I put an if
statement saying if(wk1a1=wk2a1,"Pass","fail")...but somehow im getting a
fail...even tho the dates in both workbooks looks the same and in the same
format. can someone help me in this? thanks