Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default How to Ignore #N/As for X-Axis TickMarks?

The NA() doesn't work to skip points with all kinds of charts, just XY,
line, and unfilled radar charts. Also, the NA() is bypassed only along a
value axis, so both axes on an XY chart (i.e., X and Y values) and a line
chart with a time-scale axis, but only Y on a line or unfilled radar chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Peter Bernadyne"
<Peter.Bernadyne.27yoyy_1147886102.7013@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote in
message news:Peter.Bernadyne.27yoyy_1147886102.7013@excelf orum-nospam.com...

Hi,

Thank your for this kind suggestion.

To answer your question, I have indeed tried it and it does work around
this problem.

However, I have spotted a fault in my original posting. I neglected to
mention that I also have a column chart version of this chart which,
unlike the scatter-plot solution, does not appear to work as the chart
still reads the #N/A datapoints and my columns become very very narrow
(or thin) as the representation of yearly datapoints occur only a very
few times compared to the many hundreds of daily observations I have.

That's why I was wondering whether there was some workaround to get the
chart to ignore #N/A values along the axis entirely. Seems strange that
#N/As are not plotted, yet still show up on the axis.

Any help much appreciated.

-Pete

--
Peter Bernadyne