Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ardus Petus

Default Counting occurance of text values across multiple worksheets

I found a solution: linking the answer values to columns of summary sheet.
Then you can perform calculations within summary sheet.
Answer columns may be hidden in summary sheet.

See example with 3 sites and 16 questions: http://cjoint.com/?ftmPAplI7b

HTH
--
AP

"Jiq" a écrit dans le message de news:
Sorry for any repetition with previous questions but I am completely
hopeless
with excel functions and got lost when attempting to use functions
contained
within previous postings.

My problem: I have a questionnaire for 27 sites. For each site I have the
completed questionnaire entered into a seperate worksheet i.e 27
worksheets.
The answer for each question is "Y", "N", "NK", or "NA". I need to provide
summary of the 27 sites which I want to enter on a blank master
questionnaire
on a seperate sheet. Can anyone help with a formula that counts the number
of
"Y", etc for each question (the cell for each question is the same for
each
site on the different sheets). If possible, can the summary cell indicate
the
number of Y's, the number of N's, the number of NK's, and the number of
NA's?? It would also be fantastic to produce the results for each Y, N,
NK,
and NA as a %.

Each questionnaire contains approx 200 questions so I would like to be
able
to paste the formula into each result cell on the summary sheet.

Any assistance gratefully received!