Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB

Default Relative Value to a Vertical Lookup Result?

Maybe a little more flexible. You could put TEAM A and Feb in a cell
reference, then you can change those cell values depending on which team and
which month you want the revenue for.

=INDEX(A1:C3, MATCH("TEAM A",A1:A3,0)+2, MATCH("Feb",A1:C1,0))

"jillteresa" wrote:

I'd like to see if I can enter a formula similar to a vertical lookup
that would return a value two rows down from the result.

A B C
1 TEAM A Jan Feb
2 New Customers 10 15
3 Revenue $100 $150

Is there a way to return the Feb Revenue for Team A without
manipulating any of the info here? I was thinking that I could easily
insert a vertical lookup for "Team A" that would return the value two
columns down(Feb)....but can I then ask for two rows down from that
result???
Jill

--
jillteresa