Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
James Silverton

Default How do I add median lines to a scatter chart?

jwalsh2000 wrote on Thu, 18 May 2006 11:37:02 -0700:

j I am trying to replicate some graphs from a financial
j reporting packege in Excel. I plot the risk & return for all
j of the funds in a fund universe into a scatter (xy) graph. I
j now need to add lines that would indicate the median of buth
j my x & y data. This is a very common investment graph - can
j this be done in Excel?

I'm not familiar with the graphs you mention. Could you give an
example, perhaps a URL, and let me me know if you really mean
the *median* as opposed to the mean or mode?

James Silverton.