Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chris

Default counting cells in two columns that have the same results

Returns a value of 0 in every case regardless of the combinations of "Y"s and
"N"s in each of the respective columns.

"RaymundCG" wrote:

Hi Chris!

You may try this (I have placed the y-n data in A2:B5 range to test them)...

=SUM(IF(A2:A5&B2:B5="yy",1,0))

enter the formula as an array formula (using CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER). You may
modify the ranges as appropriate.

Hope this helps!

--
Thanks and kind regards

"Chris" wrote:

I'm trying to come up with a formula that would give me a count of a yes/no
combination in two different columns like below:

K L
1 Member Approved
2 y y
3 y n
4 n y
5 y y

where I can get a count of the "Y" in column K that are also "Y" in column
L, in other words, the members who are also approved. I've tried stringing
two countif formulae together, but can't seem to get that to work. Any
suggestions?