Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
LTUser54

Default WHAT DOES THE SYMBOL"$" REPRESENT IN A EXCEL FORMULA?

This is a useful forum, and I'm grateful for the impressive and helpful
knowledge base here, but... If freakin' Microsoft had better help
resources we would not need to rely so much on each other.

Their search algorithm if often useless for my needs, and I've carped
about it frequently, for years... and years... When you type in "$" to
get help using Search, online OR Offline, you get nothing useful.
Rediculous, isn't it? And annoying?

I think so...

My argument (in the classic sense) is that we should not need to buy
books, take weeks to learn VBA (and have it WORK!), and have such
difficulty negotiating the software if there were better help resources
bundled within the software, and it was written to be much more user
friendly. Let's all bitch to MS and see if they do anything... in our
lifetimes...

Mark
LTUser
aka Brainless in Boston