Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Abode

Default Format change of phone number

No problem. I totally forgot about the / in there. bgeiers suggestion
should work. All you will have to do is copy the formula below into an empty
column. then change where the three 'D2's are. Then using the fill handle
drag this forumla down. Here is the forumla

="(" & LEFT(D2,3) & ") " & MID(D2,5,3) & "-" & RIGHT(D2,4)

When you do that you should see in that column all of the currect phone
numbers. Select all of those and copy them. Then over where your original
phone numbers are right-click Paste Special. Click on Values then OK.
That should do it. Hopefully this solves your problem.

"helpjim" wrote:

Abode,

Thanks for your reply. I did go back and try your suggestion; however
it did not work. I had tried another similiar which did not work
either.

helpjim

--
helpjim