Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Subtracting Date/Time pairs

Try formatting it as [t]:mm:ss

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"ajajmannen" wrote
in message ...

Hi!!

I Have the same situation where I have a diffrent Time and Date Format

First date/time (this fixtime value and should be lower then the
second)
2006-03-28 15:30:00

Second date/time(this is the control value)
2006-03-29 15:30:00

This should provide 24:00:00 But I only get #VALUE or #N/A.

To start from the beginning I had two cells where the first one was the
date:
and the second one was the time. I used this formula to merge the
celles with DATA: =CONCATENATE(TEXT(I2;"YYYYY-MM-DD");"
";TEXT(J2;"tt:mm:ss"))

Now I have the Format YYYY-MM-DD tt:mm:ss in to difrrent columns where
I would like to meassure the time between the 2 dates and would also if
possible get the negative value if the the first date is greater the
the second.

Can anyone help me with this situation as it would be really helpfull?

I have tried something like this but it didn't work:
=NETWORKDAYS(TEXT(J23-L23;"YYYY-MM-DD tt:mm:ss"))

--
ajajmannen
ajajmannen's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542987