Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Leo Heuser

Default Alternatives to GET.CELL and VB?

"whitehurst" skrev
i en meddelelse

Hello all,

I am specifically interested in determining if a given cell is
currently visible (height=0). I can do this with GET.CELL or with a
very simple VB Macro - I am just wondering if there is a way to
accomplish the task just through built-in excel functions.

Thanks!

--
whitehurst

Hi

If you have Excel 2003, you can use this formula:

=IF(SUBTOTAL(103,C2),"Visible","Hidden")

or just

=SUBTOTAL(103,C2)

Returning 1 for visible or 0 for hidden.

Before Excel 2003 you can only see if a cell
is hidden as a result of using filter with the formula

=IF(SUBTOTAL(3,C2),"Visible","Hidden")

--
Best regards
Leo Heuser