JulieD

Hi Abi

because you're trying to change a value in the same cell as your formula you
will get a circular reference error however, one way to approach it is via
VBA

Application.EnableEvents = False
If Range("B205") = 1 Then
Range("B205") = "One-Man"
Elseif Range("B205") = 2 then
Range("B205") = "Two-Man"
Else
Range("B205") = ""
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

- to use this code, right mouse click on the sheet tab where you want the
code and choose view code
copy & paste the code there

Cheers
JulieD

"Abi" wrote in message
I'm trying to solve a problem with a formula I'd like to write. I think
I'm
doing it correctly, but it keeps giving me a circular reference error.

What I want:
If data entry in the cell is 1, make the cell read One-Man, otherwise make
the cell read Two-Man. (It will only ever be 1 or 2.)

What I was trying to use:
=IF(B205=1,"One-Man","Two-Man")
or some iteration of that.

Maybe I should be using a different formula function. I'm not sure.
Help!