Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default Alternatives to GET.CELL and VB?

"whitehurst" wrote
in message ...

Hello all,

Has anybody created a listing of possible alternative options for the
various GET.CELL functions? Ideally, since it gives the annoying
warning message at startup, I would prefer not to use the outdated
GET.CELL function.

I am specifically interested in determining if a given cell is
currently visible (height=0). I can do this with GET.CELL or with a
very simple VB Macro - I am just wondering if there is a way to
accomplish the task just through built-in excel functions.

Thanks!

No built-in way to get height. There is a way to get width:
=CELL("width",A1)

Kind of makes you wonder why you can get width but not height!

it gives the annoying warning message at startup

I use GET.CELL on occasion and never get a warning message.

What does the message say?

Biff