Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave G

Default Help with Formula

Hi all

I have been trying to write a formula using the IF function and the SQRT
function, yet can't get the syntax right.

In E1 there is a number in E2 I'd like to put a formula, If the square root
of E1 is at least 17 the result will be a pass otherwise it will be a fail.

I had thought I'd got it right many times, yet it was always wrong, my cells
are formatted to general.

Any help appreciated

Can anyone point me to a site that explains the syntax of writing Excel
formulas, where to put the comma's, brackets etc.

Thanks.

Dave