Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Default Refer to value

I'm doing it by first keyying "=" in the formula bar and then clicking
on the referring cell. For example AG41 AND AH41 are merged so when i
refer to the cell the formula will appear as follows

='[Test.xls]Ken'!$AG$41:$AH$41

When I do exactly as you describe above the formula I get is: (AG41 AND AH41
are merged)

=[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$AG$41

CaptainQuattro explained about referring to the top left cell. I don't know
why you get:

='[Test.xls]Ken'!$AG$41:$AH$41

this will take some time manually changing each one, any faster way of
doing it?

You can try EditReplace

Select the range of cells with these formulas
Goto EditReplace
Find what: :*
Replace with: nothing, leave this blank
Replace All
Close

Biff

"strikeuk" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I'm doing it by first keyying "=" in the formula bar and then clicking
on the referring cell. For example AG41 AND AH41 are merged so when i
refer to the cell the formula will appear as follows

='[Test.xls]Ken'!$AG$41:$AH$41

However if i manually change it to

='[Test.xls]Ken'!$AG$41

it works. Why is that? I have around 50 cells to refer to and this will
take some time manually changing each one, any faster way of doing it?

--
strikeuk
strikeuk's Profile: