Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK

Default Can not add user-defined charts

The procedure described there should work. It looks like you overlooked a
step. The Add.. button should appear in the left-under corner, but it is
context-sensitive, i.e. only appears when in the Custom Types tab, the
User-defined radio button is selected in "Select from".
GL,
Henk

"David DeRolph" wrote:

Using Excel 2003. Based on a PC Magazine online article, Down with Ugly
Excel Charts, at http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1954130,00.asp, I
should be able to add user-defined charts. However, when I follow the
procedure explained there, I do not have an Add button on the Custom Types
screen. My screen simply looks like this:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dderolph/chart1.JPG. Why do I not have the
option to add user-defined charts? How can I fix this?