Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
andy62

Default Will the COUNTIF function work with auto-filtering?

So it's okay that the references inside the Subtotal function only address
the one column (in this case, A)? Awesome, thanks.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Just add another condition

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A100,ROW(A2:A100)-ROW(A2),0,1)),
--(A2:A100="High"),--(C2:C100="Low"))

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"andy62" wrote in message
Can that function, which I use often in dasnboards, be modified to count

two
factors? Among a set of filtered rows, I want to count those with "Low"

in
one column AND "High" in another column.

Thanks in advance.

"Domenic" wrote:

Assuming that Column A contains the 'Ethnic Code', try...

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A100,ROW(A2:A100)-ROW(A2),0,1)),--(A2:A1
00=D2))

....where D2 contains the 'Ethnic Code' of interest. Adjust the range
accordingly.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
RC wrote:

I have a large amount of student demographic, course, and class data

on an
Excel worksheet for an entire school district. The ethnic code for

each
student is a single alpha character. I need to find a way to get a

total for
each ethnic code in each course when filtering by each course.
Each column of data has a header and I am using the Auto-filter

feature for
filtering. Is there a way that the COUNTIF function can be set up for

each
ethnic code so that it will count from the filtered data? If not, is

there
any other function, or nested functions, that will work?
Thanks,
RC