Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JAB

Default keeping cell format with formula

I am working with this formula:
=INDEX(TRIM(TEST1!$A$2:$A$252),MATCH(TRIM(TEST2!B2 ),TRIM(TEST1!$B$2:$B$252),0),1)

The dates that I am pulling from TEST1! are formatted "mm/dd/yyyy", and it
appears that way in the cells, but when I pull the info from TEST1! and it
goes into TEST2!, all the data changes in TEST2!, due to a format issue I
think. I have tried formatting the cells in TEST2!$A$2:$A$252 by manually
highlighting and changing the format from the format menu, but it doesn't
seem to work.... Again, my question is how do I get the newly calculated
material (from TEST1!) to keep the same format as "mm/dd/yyyy" in TEST2!