Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip

Default Phantom streaming text?

Occasionally, while working in Excel 2002, I will open a cell to add data to,
and text will begin to fill the cell without any input from me. I noticed
this the first time about a year ago at home, while connected to a DSL Cable
modem. I had left the spreadsheet with the cell open and came back later to
find the whole screen filled with text that had been entered into that cell.
Since then I have seen the same thing 2 or 3 times, currently it is happening
on my laptop at work. It is definately text that someone is typing because
it advances fairly slow and occasionally backspaces to correct spelling, etc.
However, the lines don't make sense, the phrases don't match up with the
next or previous phrase. Here's a sample, "and him And the The new to the
did a The new name of the day of the and the The The The the".

Interesting, eh? Any thoughts?!?!?