Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bocikt

Default Wrap Text is not working correctly on one persons computer

Opps. I forgot to tell you that he still had the problem when he opened my
file.

"bocikt" wrote:

Thanks for your quick response and for the compliment. I made a file, with
text in three cells. Cell one had a long sentance (all aprox. 30 chars) with
no Text Wrapping. Second cell had Text Wrapping. Third cell had Text
Wrapping and an Alt-Enter in the middle.

We will check video drivers next.

"CLR" wrote:

First, I would like to commend you on the clarity with which you stated your
problem, what you've tried, and the results. Usually, one or more of those
items are missing from the OP's and we just have to guess or ask.....well
done!

I wish the answer was as easy. The only thing I can think to try that you
have not already is for YOU to make a similar file and do the Word-wrap thing
and see what you get and then give the file to him and see what he
gets......outside chance that it may be a Monitor/driver resolution
thing.......

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"bocikt" wrote:

There is a gentleman in my office who is having a problem with text wrapping
in a single cell. When he opens up a new Excel workbook and types in a
sentence that goes past the cell width, the text appears on the screen
spanning columns (as you would expect). When he formats the cell and chooses
the Wrap Text option, the text disappears. When he highlights that cell the
text displays in the formula bar.

Adding an Alt-Enter to the middle or the end of the sentence makes no
difference and changing the Text Alignment makes no difference.

He has sent the file to me and my excel (both are 2003 SP2) shows the text
as expected.

We have reinstalled Office and this problem still occurs.