Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Beccy

Default Lookup using more than one criteria

Thanks Ardus. This works but is there a way that instead of having to type
each formula "J Bloggs" (as there are loads of employees!) that i can link it
to the cell in the monitoring sheet that says J Bloggs? Then i could just
copy the formula all the way down the page instead of typing each one.

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A999="L3840")*(B1:B999="J Bloggs"),C1:C999)

HTH
--
AP

"Beccy" a écrit dans le message de news:

I have a large table of data relating to staff and their salary for the
month (about 500 rows). Each member of staff is coded against a cost
centre,
and some members of staff have two jobs and therefore work against two
different cost centres.
I want to be able to do a vlookup to pull the pay for the month accross to
monitoring sheet. But i need to be able to vlookup on cost centre and
employee?
If i just do a vlookup on employee then it will obviously sometimes bring
accross the pay from the wrong cost centre.

Table is eg.:

Cost Centre Employee ref Basic Pay April
L3840 J Bloggs £1,000
L3840 J Smith £500
L0060 P Jones £800
L0060 J Bloggs £300

So i need to say lookup J Bloggs in cost centre L3840 and bring me their
pay
for April??

Help??

Thanks everyone!