Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier

Default Help - Closed excel doc with out saving it

In general, you're out of luck. I don't know if Excel's auto save keeps
copies of unsaved workbooks, but even if it does, I've found it rather
unreliable if I really want to restore a document.

There's a free add-in you could try, by Jan Karel Pieterse of
http://jkp-ads.com, called AutoSafe. It stores a copy of every open workbook
(even the unsaved ones, I was happy to discover) in a directory on your hard
drive at an interval you specify. When it stores a new version, the old is
deleted to the recycle bin, so if you don't mind keeping the bin a little
full, you can keep a sequential archive of files on hand. I keep it running
all the time, and it's saved my butt a few times.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Sugan" wrote in message
I closed the excel document without saving it. Is there any way that I can
restore the contents of this document?????

Any help in this regard appreciated