Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JesiR

Default How do I autofill conditional formatting?

Blessings!! That worked really well, and savewd my computer class hours of
time. Thanks!

I still don't get the purpose of the initial "=A1" though. It works fine
without...

"Ragdyer" wrote:

The procedure behind copying the conditional format formulas to the entire
range, is exactly the same procedure as copying any other formula down a
column or across a row ... place your absolutes at the right reference
points.

Say your range is A1 to Z20.

Select the *entire* range.

Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is", and enter this:

=A1=MAX($A1:$Z1)
Choose your format.

Then, click "Add" for condition 2,

Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is", and enter this:

=A1=MIN($A1:$Z1)
And choose your format for this condition.

<OK your way out, and you're done!
--
HTH,

RD

"JesiR" wrote in message
I need to format twenty rows highlighting the max and min of each row, and
the only way I can find to do it is to do each row separately -- if I try

do it for the entire thing, it either won't do it for rows or will

highlight
the same numbers from the previous one. Is there a way to autofill this,

or
is there some variable I should put instead of the row number? Please

help
-- it takes forever otherwise!