Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

Default Formala to find the best/latest signal

Send me a sample file (remove TRUENORTH from my email address)
It is my understanding that "Eskimo" is no politically correct these days,
so I send best wishes to Inuit.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Eskimo" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a series of rows 14000+ lines strong in an excel sheet.

The series contain caribou location reports from those caribou that have a
collar attached to them.

Along with other information, each row contains three important columns
related to this question. Collar Number, Date and LC (LC = Position Fix
quality or Signal Strength).

I need a formula that will find the best and latest signal strength for
each
collar and for each day!. The formula should result in a 0 or 1. (no or
yes).

There are about 30 different collars each reporting on certain days. The
LC
values are 1 to 7 with 7 being the strongest.

If anyone can find me a solution, that would be just excellent.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan