Retiredff

Default Min & Max Averages

Right off the top, let me say that I know next to nothing about Excel and
how to use formulas. I have spent several hours over the last two days
looking for an answer, and if I found it, I did not recognize it.

I may be trying to re-invent the wheel, but here is my problem.

I am setting up a spreadsheet to track short and long-term fuel economy.
Single tank MPG was no problem. I have succeeded in getting it to work so
that it will give me a running average for three and fifteen tank fills.

I want to be able to track the minimum and maximum MPG in each of the three
categories (single, three, and 15 tank). I can get it to work as long as I
have entries in those categories. I can't figure out how to get it to check
(compare?) as I add additional fill-ups to my list.

For instance, if I select the entire one-tank column, and use that range in
my formula, I wind up with #DIV/0! as the answer, even though there are
averages listed. If I only select the columns that have an entry, then I get
the correct figure.

I hope this is clear enough so someone will understand what I am trying to
do.

Many thanks.

Larry