Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tanner

Default copying adjacent cells with formula

It's kind of a complicated table that I'm looking up from. What I need
is to copy the formulas and values of adjacent cells based on the
choice made.

Item Color Quantity Weight Units/row
units/Pallet Total Weight
Paleo Beige 123 23.5lbs 42
144
Bergerac Grey 123 32 lbs 38
122

So if I have a drop down list on another sheet that chooses Paleo, then
the adjacent formulas and cells from the table would be copied over.
What makes it more complicated is that the color is a dependent list
based on the product chosen, but I can put color ahead of item and deal
with that dependent list that way. I just need some way, however, to
copy all those adjacent values and cells from the table. Something like
"lookup a value" then "copy cells from column c:g adjacent to this.

Maybe I should be doing this through a macro tied to a button.

Thanks again for your help.