Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don Guillett

Default League table automatic sort/update

You can do this with a worksheet_change macro in the sheet module.
Right click on the sheet tabview codeleft window use worksheetright
window select and write your code to sort.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"RedHook" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All

I'm just getting up to speed with Excel and as an exercise I'm
trying to implement a simple league table.

What I'd like to know is how to create 'dynamically' a ranking
table like the one shown below.

Pos Player Points

5 Steve 89
6 Mark 88
7 John 80
8 Angie 77
9 Andrew 71

The table is sorted on the points column, the values for which are
referenced from another sheet.
Ideally I'd Like the table to be sorted automatically as players
points total change(based on calculations In another sheet).
Can I do this with formulas/macros or will it require some VBA code ?

Thx
RH