Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default "IF" Formula Query...

=IF(A2B2+2000,"G",IF(A2<B2-2000,"R","Y"))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Langoose" wrote in message
I'm want to use an "IF" formula to compare the values in two cells and

return
the following...

IF cell A is equal to cell B I want the formula cell to have a "Y" in it
IF cell A is greater than cell B by more than 2000 I want the formula cell
to have a "G" in it
IF cell A is smaller than cell B by more than 2000 I want the formula cell
to have an "R" in it
IF cell A is larger or smaller than cell B by less than 2000 I want the
formula cell to have a "Y" in it

Hope that makes sense, any help would be greatly appreciated...