Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Default date number separation

Sub Test()
Dim iLastRow As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim nCalculation

With Application
.ScreenUpdating = False
nCalculation = .Calculation
.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
End With

iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
If Int(iLastRow / 2) * 2 < iLastRow Then iLastRow = iLastRow - 1
For i = iLastRow To 2 Step -2
Cells(i, "A").Copy Cells(i - 1, "B")
Rows(i).Delete
Next i

With Application
.Calculation = nCalculation
.ScreenUpdating = True
End With

HTH

Bob Phillips

"steven" wrote in message
Hi this might be easy for you guys...

In column A I got a date in the 1st row, number in the 2nd, date in the

3rd,
number in the 4th and so on up to row 200. I want dates only in column A

and
numbers only in column B (the number that is directly below each date).

Also
no blank cells in between the rows.

Of course i could copy paste everything and then manually delete every
second row but that would take forwever. any suggestions?

thanks

S.