Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default How do I autofill conditional formatting?

Hi!

Try this:

Assume the range of cells is A2:E21

Select the range A2:E31
Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Condition 1
Formula Is: =AND(ISNUMBER(A2),A2=MIN($A2:$E2))
Click the Format button
Select the style(s) desired
Click OK
Click Add
Condition 2
Formula Is: =AND(ISNUMBER(A2),A2=MAX($A2:$E2))
Click the Format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK your way out.

If all the numbers are the same in any row they will be both the MIN and the
MAX for that particular row. Since condition 1 is defined first and is set
for the MIN, that style will be applied.

Biff

"JesiR" wrote in message
I need to format twenty rows highlighting the max and min of each row, and
the only way I can find to do it is to do each row separately -- if I try
do it for the entire thing, it either won't do it for rows or will
highlight
the same numbers from the previous one. Is there a way to autofill this,
or
is there some variable I should put instead of the row number? Please
help
-- it takes forever otherwise!