Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
william4444

Default Doing Analysis from large amounts of DATA

The data comes from all places then i dump it in Either
1) Revenue
2) Expenses
3) Net Position
So for an example i might have 10 business centres that will have
Revenue, Expenses & Net Position. I copy & paste each one of them to
the correct one above, & what you see is ALL Business Centres in
1)Revenue
2) Expenses
3) Net Positon
So now my question is the Analysis side of it. What i'd like to do is:
A) FOR EXAMPLE THE TOP 6, in Revenue, Expenses & Net Position i'd like
to now who they are?
B) I'd also like to now the Top 6 again for Revenue, Expenses, & Net
Position comparing 2004 year to 2005 year. I'd like this to show the %
incease between the 2 years. This will only be Actuals.
c) Also again the top 6 comparing Actuals Vs Budget the Top 6 for
Revenue, Expenses & Net Position. This will be for the 2 years combined
i think that makes sense. It will show what business centre has over
budget or under budgeted for whatever the top 6 product is.
I really don't now what else or what type of analysis i can do with
this data am really new to this would love some help, not only in the
above thou also in what way i can sort the data out so i can do the
above analysis simple & easier as i will be doing this every month.
Anyway just like to say thank you for taking the time to reply much
appreciate it.
Take care
Will

--