Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom

Default how can I split one cell's data into two cells?

Please refrain from multi posting, you have answers in one of the 4!
newsgroups you posted the same question in. Multiposting is frowned upon and
even the MS web interface states so

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

wrote in message
nk.net...
I am using Excel as a database, and have a column with cells with a
person's name (text) in it...e.g., John Smith. NOW, after the fact, I wish
to have a column with just John in it, and another column with just
Smith...but I have NO idea how to do this! Help would be appreciated.
Thank you.