Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jerry W. Lewis

Default excel symbols

That is a formula. When evaluated, it will add 11+7+4 to get 22, which it
divides into minus the value in cell I58, and multiplies that quotient by the
value in cell F48.

The $ symbol refers to how the formula changes if you copy the cell and
paste it elsewhere. If you copy the cell containing this formula and paste
it into a different column, the new formula will still refer to column I, but
the reference to column F will change to bear the same relationship to the
new column that F bore to the old column.

Jerry

"ally" wrote:

what does this mean =-$I58/(11+7+4)*F48